Friday, August 23, 2013

Dead Ever After… The End of the Sookie Stackhouse Series


I’m Sookie Stackhouse and I belong here.  Famous last words, they are the very last words in this book.

I’m not going to lie and say that I love the ending.  I really believed that Sookie would end up with Big E and that she would somehow become immortal.  But obviously the author had a different ending in mind.  She brought the series completely full circle.  I think back to the first Sookie book and I remember her working at Merlot’s and fantasizing about her Boss and Friend Sam.  Many things happened and both Sookie and Sam dated different people but remained good friends.  Eric was always self-serving and although that is the Eric she always knew and fell in love with at the very end he chose power.  But he also took care of her as best he could without giving up too much.   I would have preferred to see Eric and Sookie live happily ever after But I get why she choose to end the series like this.  If you are a fan of the Sookie books and have read them all then you must read the last one as well.  It will bring closure and help you move on.   Moving on is what I will do, the books have brought me much joy.  They are what inspired Mon and myself to start out blog.  And for that I am grateful.    When Charlene announced this would be the last book in the Sookie series I was said to see the finish.  But with the way it ended I am ready to let them go.  Thank you for providing great entertaining reading throughout the years I will hold all the characters close to my heart.   

 

Fang Rating:  V V
Carol-

 

1 comment: