Sunday, May 27, 2012

Finished Deadlocked, Sookie 12!

Wow, I am stunned..............I am glad that she cut us so short in Sookie 11, Dead Reckoning, that I was prepared for an uprut ending (also thanks to Carol). Just to recap, in Sookie 11, Sookie is living with Claude and Dermont and she summons them to help her clean out her attic, which she does. In one of the pieces of old furiture, she comes a across a letter from her Gran and magic faery charm, the cluviel dor! She finds out more about her faery history and that Mr. Catalidades was her "sponser" gave her telepathy as a birth right gift. Things between her and Eric are going down hill and things with Bill are going up. In Sookie 12, basically the same continues, there was no conclusion in Sookie's love life, actually it is just more up in the air now but you can tell Mrs. Harris is setting us up for the end of the series but several doors being shut. For one, all fae are back in faery, number two, she uses the cluviel dor, Jannalynn is dead and Sam gave Sookie one third ownership of the bar. I loved this book, I think it was perfect and it was full of suprises. I still really don't know who she is going to end up with, I thought she was going to use the cluviel dor in her love life some how but that didn't happen. I definetly didn't see Claude being behind the sceme to get Eric adn I really thought his reasoning for doing so could have been better Mrs. Harris but whatever. It was great to be in the Sookie universe again and I can't wait until next year. I don't know how she is going to tie up so many loose ends that still hang out there in one final book!

I also think it is important to note that since Eric knew she had the cluviel dor, he thought she was keeping things from him just like she thought he was keeping things from her...interesting. Also, he is the only one who didn't give Sookie a bday present!!

Fav quote: The night swelled with magic; not the beneficent kind of love-magic that sweeps couples away, but the kind of magic that rips and tears, the enchantment that creeps out of the woods and pounces.

- Mon
Fang Rating VVVVV

No comments:

Post a Comment