Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Finished Fifty Shades of Grey!

OMFG! Good thing Carol did a great recap on the basic storyline of the book but I don't know if I am up for it after just finishing this! Too soon! I was open but also with slightly low expectations as I read this book, knowing that my cousin said that the author's writng sucked and the "inner goddess" got on her nerves. Well, I throughly enjoyed the book, had to start on the next right away and am definetly emotionally hooked!!! So much so that it even got a little weird at times because, like Carol said, because the book is soo descriptive you feel like you are having these experiences right along with Christain and Anasatia...I love the names in this book by the way! I can definetly see the similarities with Twilight and see how the author got inspired by the Twilight series, the old car with problems, the erratic loveable mother, Ana's innocence, him telling her to eat all the time, etc. Suprisingly there is also some very insightful relationship advice sprinkled throughout the book. For example, I love when Ana's mom says, " You see, Ana, men think that anything that comes out of a woman’s mouth is a prob­lem to be solved. Not some vague idea that we’d like to kick around and talk about for a while and then forget. Men prefer action.” Very true indeed! So I would say YES, the book does live up to the hype, be prepared to feel weird and swept away!


Fang Rating VVVV
- Mon

No comments:

Post a Comment